-[{KC}]- Team Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brett Favre is a little disappointed

Go down

Brett  Favre  is  a  little disappointed  Empty Brett Favre is a little disappointed

Post  yanghongyu Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:26 am

The website Deadspin nfl replica jerseys published the tawdry allegations about Favre’s supposed advances on Jenn Sterger in October, and he spent the next two months sidestepping questions about it while being exposed to the kind of public humiliation that he’s never had to deal with before.
His record starts streak ended against the Giants on Dec. 13. He was knocked out of three games this season—against New England on Oct. 31 with a gaping wound on his chin, Buffalo on Dec. 5 with the shoulder injury and Chicago on Dec. 20 with the concussion—and also played through two broken bones in his foot, custom nfl jerseys tendinitis in his elbow and injuries to his neck, back, ribs and calf.
Renowned for his ability to recover quickly, Favre missed three of his final four games and played a total of less than two quarters over the final five games as the Vikings fell apart.
Childress was fired after a 3-7 start and the Vikings finished 6-10, putting them in last place for the first time since 1990. Favre’s team also finished with a losing record for just the second time in his 19 years as a starter.
“One game, one season does not define me,” Favre said. “There will be people saying it’s a shame you went out that way, this and that.
“I am truly grateful for the opportunity that, by the grace of God, I got a chance to play this game and play it at a high level and I’m honored. I hope that people admired the way I played, my passion for it, because I hold no regrets.”
Assuming this is the end, Favre departs as the career leader in victories (186), yards passing (71,838), touchdown passes (508), attempts (10,169), completions (6,300) and interceptions (336). He was drafted in 1991 by Atlanta but never completed a pass for the Falcons before moving on to Green Bay, where he spent 16 seasons, won three MVP awards and led the Packers to a Super Bowl title in 1997.
After the Packers nfl jerseys replica grew weary of his indecisiveness about retirement, they traded him to the Jets. He spent a forgettable season in New York before joining the Vikings in 2009.
There were a few highlights for Favre in 2010. He threw his 500th career TD pass against the Jets on Oct. 11 and threw for a career-high 446 yards to rally the Vikings from a 14-point deficit with less than 5 minutes remaining to beat the Cardinals on Nov. 7.
Favre got one last victory under his belt when he won the coin toss before the game on Sunday. When the final whistle blew, college jerseys china Favre waved to the fans and jogged past his teammates, up the tunnel and into the team’s locker room.
“That’s the thing every player and former player that I’ve talked to … will tell you that what you miss is the guys, the fellowship, the bus rides, locker rooms, winning and losing together, celebrating together,” Favre said. “That’s the things you’re going to miss. If I sat here and told you I would not miss that, I’d be kidding myself. From a playing standpoint, there’s nothing else left to do.”

But that sensational 33-touchdown, seven-interception masterpiece he put together to help the Vikings reach the NFC title game last year was doomed from the start. Injuries to his two best receivers made it difficult for Favre to get going, and that indestructible body of his finally started to break down.
“All indications, when I talk with him, and we’ve had many, many discussions—this is it,” interim coach Leslie Frazier said. “I don’t even think it’ll be an issue in the future. I don’t see any situation that’s going to change his mind. You might say, ‘We’ll, we’ve been down that road before,” but it’s different now. Things are different, in his life and in the organization’s life as well.”

yanghongyu

Back to top Go down