-[{KC}]- Team Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Troubles will find Arenas at anniversary

Go down

Troubles will find Arenas at  anniversary Empty Troubles will find Arenas at anniversary

Post  smile Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:29 am

It’s been nearly a year since Gilbert Arenas basketball jerseys china brought guns into the Washington Wizards’ locker room, a decision that ultimately led to him receiving a 50-game suspension from the NBA and 30 days in a halfway house and two years probation from Washington’s legal system. Arenas lost nearly $7.5 million in salary, a lucrative shoe contract with Adidas and who-knows-how-much in legal fees. soccer jerseys china The incident prompted the Wizards to dismantle their roster and trade, among others, former All-Stars Caron Butler(notes) and Antawn Jamison(notes).
And even now with the one-year anniversary of the incident approaching, Arenas insists – in spite of details gleaned from the prosecution’s 61-page sentencing memo – that the public still doesn’t know exactly what happened between him and guard Javaris Crittenton(notes) in the Wizards’ locker room on Dec. 21, 2009, a confrontation that began after the two players argued over a card game on a charter flight two days earlier.
Nor does Arenas plan to offer much more insight into the events. What is clear is that Arenas is still struggling to cope with the fallout from the incident and the subsequent criticism of his character.
“Everyone is going to have their judgments about everything,” Arenas told Yahoo! Sports. “I never told the real story. Javaris never told the real story. But everybody had a story out there, and that’s the problem. You’re judging me off a story that somebody else made up. And that was the part that hurt. That’s not fair.
“I look at people different now. I try not to attach myself to people anymore as much because if people heard the real story … ”
So what is the “real story?” Arenas said only that there was more to the incident than has been reported. Those close to Arenas said he remains upset that some early media reports inferred he and Crittenton wholesale basketball jerseys pointed the guns at each other, which he thinks inflamed subsequent coverage of the incident. The prosecution’s memo details how Arenas displayed three or four guns in Crittenton’s locker and left a note asking his teammate to “Pick 1.” Crittenton then threw one of the guns across the locker room and showed his own weapon, prosecutors said, but no one witnessed how the confrontation ended. wholesale nfl football jerseys
But after serving his punishment, Arenas doesn’t think it’s worth explaining his version.

smile

Back to top Go down