QB Locker Ideas Routines with Teammates

Go down

QB Locker Ideas Routines with Teammates

Post  jane5yan on Tue May 17, 2011 8:05 am

If this was a normal offseason in the National Football League, players who had been selected in final month's draft would have currently finished a rookie orientation. They should be getting ready to join their teammates for organized routines this month and minicamps in June.
None of that will occur using the owner-imposed lockout in place, but Tennessee Titans rookie QB Jake Locker continues to be attempting to keep things as regular as possible. In accordance to the Tennessean, Locker has been learning the playbook and has been regularly throwing to receivers.
The No.8 general draft pick obtained the playbook during the small window once the lockout was lifted on April 29. Locker ideas to function out in Nashville this summer time, even when the lockout remains in location.
"This is one thing I've been considering and dreaming about for this type of long time, and now to have the opportunity to compete within the NFL and get to play that dream out is something I'm truly searching ahead to," Locker told the newspaper.
"My strategy is to stay in form and keep my arm in form so once we do lastly have team workouts I wont be coming in from shape trying to catch up. I would like to hit the floor operating and be able to go."
The former University of Washington quarterback said he is been throwing daily to the same 4 receivers who aided him top up to his pro day.
This 7 days, Locker will function with former Jets quarterback Ken OBrien, who had aided him with his mechanics and footwork top up to the draft.
"Were mainly operating on consistency, really," Locker stated of OBrien. "We want to make sure the throws appear exactly the same each time. Its fluid, its managed and its correct time following time after time. I feel like the guidance he provides me is really helpful."
Locker hasn't been able to communicate with Titans offensive coordinator Chris Palmer and quarterbacks coach Dowell Loggains since that one-day lockout reprieve, but his teammates have attained out to him.
Titans NFLPA player rep Jake Scott has began gathering contact info for all the teams rookies and Locker said hes already talked with receiver Damian Williams a number of occasions.
"Since Ive been drafted it's been a really welcoming feeling already," Locker said.

jane5yan

Back to top Go down