-[{KC}]- Team Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vincent Jackson not dealt by deadline

Go down

Vincent Jackson not dealt by deadline Empty Vincent Jackson not dealt by deadline

Post  yanghongyu Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:49 am

The San Diego Chargers have rejected several trade offers for wide receiver Vincent Jackson, letting the Wednesday deadline to trade him pass without making a deal.
In a text message to the NFL Network, Jackson said he believes the way the Chargers are handling the situtation is "unethical."
"I just don't understand why [a trade didn't happen]," he texted. "They obviously think I'm a valuable player by asking for such high trade compensation, but why am I only offered tender salary?
"My agents and teams interested did everything to make it happen, but this organization stopped it. nhl jerseys china
I just want to play football in nfl jersey. It feels unethical and I am disappointed."
The NFL and the NFL Players Association had agreed to a 4 p.m. ET deadline for San Diego to trade Jackson, which would have allowed him to be active by the fifth week of the regular season. Jackson is under a three-game suspension for past DUI offenses. When he did not sign his restricted free-agent tender, the Chargers placed Jackson on an exempt list, which prohibited him from playing for three more weeks.
By letting Wednesday's deadline pass, the Chargers will keep Jackson on the exempt list for the first six weeks of the season. San Diego still can trade him by the Oct. 19 trade deadline.
"We had multiple offers, and the Chargers squashed them all," said Jonathan Feinsod, one of Jackson's agents.
The Minnesota Vikings were willing to give up a second-round draft choice and an additional conditional pick to the Chargers, custom nfl jerseys a source said. Another source said Jackson who wearing the reebok nfl jersey as usual had even worked out a financial package with the Vikings.

yanghongyu

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum