-[{KC}]- Team Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Information about NFL

Go down

Information about NFL Empty Information about NFL

Post  jane5yan Tue May 17, 2011 8:10 am

If this was a normal offseason within the National Football League, gamers who were selected in final month's draft would have currently finished a rookie orientation. They should be getting ready to join their teammates for organized routines this month and minicamps in June.
None of which will happen using the owner-imposed lockout in place, but Tennessee Titans rookie QB Jake Locker is still trying to keep issues as regular as possible. According towards the Tennessean, Locker continues to be studying the playbook and has been regularly throwing to receivers.
The No.eight general draft choose received the playbook during the small window when the lockout was lifted on April 29. Locker plans to work out in Nashville this summer time, even if the lockout stays in place.
"This is one thing I have been considering and dreaming about for such a long time, and now to have the opportunity to compete in the NFL and get to play that dream out is one thing I'm truly looking ahead to," Locker informed the newspaper.
"My plan would be to remain in form and maintain my arm in shape so when we do lastly have team routines I wont be coming in out of shape trying to catch up. I would like to hit the ground running and be able to go."
The previous University of Washington quarterback said he is been throwing everyday to the same 4 receivers who helped him leading up to his professional day.
This 7-day period, Locker will work with former Jets quarterback Ken OBrien, who had helped him with his mechanics and footwork leading as much as the draft.
"Were mainly working on consistency, really," Locker stated of OBrien. "We wish to make certain the throws look the same each time. Its fluid, its managed and its right time following time after time. I feel such as the guidance he gives me is actually helpful."
Locker has not been in a position to communicate with Titans offensive coordinator Chris Palmer and quarterbacks coach Dowell Loggains because that one-day lockout reprieve, but his teammates have attained out to him.
TitansNFLPA player rep Jake Scott has began gathering contact information for all the teams rookies and Locker said hes already talked with receiver Damian Williams several occasions.
"Since Ive been drafted it has been a very welcoming feeling currently," Locker stated.

jane5yan

Back to top Go down