-[{KC}]- Team Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dallas Cowboys would Pull off One of Their Greatest Thanksgiving Comebacks

Go down

Dallas Cowboys would Pull off One of Their Greatest Thanksgiving Comebacks Empty Dallas Cowboys would Pull off One of Their Greatest Thanksgiving Comebacks

Post  yanghongyu Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:32 am

Malcolm Jenkins snatched the ball from Williams at the 11, ripping it out so forcefully that it wound up against his own stomach. Drew Brees then quickly drove 89 yards for the touchdown that put New Orleans back ahead, 30-27, with 1:55 left Thursday.Having already overcome a pair of 17-point deficits, the Cowboys moved close enough for David Buehler to try a 59-yard field goal that would've tied it. His kick had plenty of leg but fluttered just wide to the left with 25 seconds left. wholesale soccer jerseys New Orleans coach Sean Payton started to call a timeout, which would've given Buehler another chance, but either Payton didn't finish the gesture or the officials didn't see it, so the play stood, and this wild, wacky, thriller was finished. The Cowboys came in 2-0 under interim coach Jason Garrett, playing like the Super Bowl contenders they were supposed to be instead of the 1-7 cupcakes they were under coach Wade Phillips. They made plenty of Phillips-era mistakes to fall behind, 17-0, in the first quarter and 20-3 before halftime, then showed the poise and toughness Garrett has instilled by fighting back. Drew Brees was on target again Thursday in Arlington, hitting a milestone in the process. Find out what it was and keep up with the rest of the players around the NFL who are on the verge of breaking records and reaching milestones. More.
Williams switched the ball from one hand to another to avoid cornerback Tracy Porter, knowing the Cowboys could stretch the lead, kill some clock or both as long as he didn't fumble. Then Jenkins grabbed it. "I lost the ballgame," Williams said. "I let my teammates down. I need to fall down. We run the clock down and win the game. I was trying to make a play, and they did a good job. It's late in the game. That's the nail in the coffin. We had the momentum going our way. nhl hockey jerseys We were there. That was a W. I get tackled, we get in the end zone, and we win. I fall down, and we win."The Saints (8-3) won their fourth straight and fifth in six games. This was their first time playing on the holiday, and it's certainly one their fans will never forget -- especially the tens of thousands who were among the crowd of 93,985 at Cowboys Stadium. They made their presence felt and would love to return the first weekend in February to watch New Orleans try defending its Super Bowl title.

yanghongyu

Back to top Go down