-[{KC}]- Team Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Packers and Tailgate Tour

Go down

Packers and Tailgate Tour  Empty Packers and Tailgate Tour

Post  jane5yan Fri May 13, 2011 8:40 am

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- With the NFL lockout in full swing, three Green Bay Packers players and also the team's president will invest the next 5 days sharing a bus that will cover over 700 miles as it crisscrosses Wisconsin and Michigan's Upper Peninsula.
Did someone say awkward?
Guard Josh Sitton, linebacker Desmond Bishop and backup quarterback Matt Flynn are traveling in close quarters with president and CEO Mark Murphy on the team's sixth yearly Tailgate Tour, which left from Lambeau Area on Tuesday early morning. All four insisted the ride won't be a bumpy 1 because of the labor strife and court battle battle between team proprietors and also the gamers.
"I don't believe it will be awkward at all," stated Murphy, who was a union representative as a player with the Washington Redskins and is now a member of the owners' negotiating committee. "I skip the gamers, and to invest some time with them will probably be great. I'm certain we'll have some discussions concerning the present labor scenario, but I believe everybody realizes it is type of above us all."
Murphy made no attempt to hide his intention to talk about the labor scenario using the gamers. The lockout has been in location because March 11 other than for a number of perplexing days when it was lifted by a federal judge inside a choice that has because been place on hold.
"I'm likely to interact with the gamers. We'll possess a good, open discussion," Murphy stated. "Obviously with my background getting been a player, getting worked for your union and been a player rep, I can talk a great deal concerning the problems. So I am searching ahead to it."
Added Bishop: "I'm certain it will come up with Mark Murphy around the bus. We can't discuss an excessive amount of, but I'm sure it will arrive up. Everybody's referring to it -- the whole globe is referring to it. So I am certain it'll arrive up."
Coach Mike McCarthy, common manager Ted Thompson and a number of other members with the football staff saw the bus off. McCarthy and Thompson shook fingers and chatted briefly with the players, with whom they have had practically no contact since the lockout began.
"That was a little awkward. I have not seen 'em because the Tremendous Bowl," stated Sitton, whose place coach, offensive line coach James Campen, also came out to see the bus off. "We haven't talked for 50-some days now, so I did not know the protocol. It was a bit strange, but it's all great."
Whilst coaches and front-office staff are banned from getting get in touch with with players, there's an exception for charitable events such as the tour.
The group planned its preliminary quit for Marquette, Mich., on Tuesday followed by visits to three Wisconsin metropolitan areas -- Ashland on Wednesday, Eau Claire on Thursday and Wausau on Friday -- before returning to Green Bay on Saturday. Community occasions are planned at each quit, with ticket product sales benefiting a formerly selected charity.
"It's not likely to be weird," Flynn said. "This week is for your right reasons and a good cause. That's why we came up here."

jane5yan

Back to top Go down